Saturday, June 12

Light Green

I try to live a life that’s gentle on the environment, animals, and people of this planet. To be honest, it can be very fulfilling but also very challenging. Here is a list of likes and dislikes I have about being a hippie. (I consider myself a hippie “light” because I shower, shave, and eat red meat, but I still recycle.)

Like-Free Range Chicken
Dislike-Tofu

Like- Bath and cosmetic products that are cruelty free.
Dislike- Bath and cosmetic products that make me smell like a pine tree.

Like- Grass fed, free range, humanely raised and slaughtered beef.
Dislike- God, I miss bacon. I mean I really miss it in like I dream about B.L.T.s miss bacon.

Like- The theory of conserving water by not doing dishes!
Dislike- The reality that less disposable dishes equals more dishwashing.

Like- I get to shop at much cooler grocery stores. I would much rather hang out at Whole Foods than Kroger.
Dislike-I have considered dealing drugs to support my artisan cheese and organic produce habit.

Like-I can avoid Walmart and a certain demographic of people one would find at a Walmart. Too many six sizes too small daisy dukes, Nascar muscle shirts, and carts full of fireworks and Milwaukee’s Best.

Dislike- Hippies aren’t always my favorite people to shop with either. Too many crocheted beanies,odd smells, hacky sacks, intimidating piercings, and “Who is John Galt?” bumper stickers.

Like- Doing my part to save the planet
Dislike- being outnumbered by those who aren’t

Finally, things I really miss since choosing my hippie light lifestyle….
Trans Fat, Febreze, canned vegetables, margarine, Potpies, Twinkies, Ding dongs, and of course the biggest sacrifice greenies have made world wide is missing the opportunity to feast on the greatest culinary creation since refined sugar and starch….the KFC Double-Down….

2 comments:

  1. Please don't confuse hippies with environmental friendlies. Hippies complain about stuff, then smoke a J, then listen to shitty music, then do a twirl dance, and then forget to vote. The rest of us enviro's are hard at work and voting to change things. Anne, you are not a hippie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne I totally dig this post.

    ReplyDelete